Monday, July 15, 2013

New Companion

My new Companion's name is James Docking, From Tasmania Australia.

This past week Elder Docking and I had a chance to be part of a
fireside, and the topic that I spoke on was faith. I talked about the
power faith can have, how to obtain faith and how to maintain the
faith that you already have. It was a great learning experience for me
and it was fun to be apart of the program. One scripture that I
shared, because it stood out to me this past week, was John 12:36
“While ye have light, believe in the light.”  In my talk I brought
this up while explaining how to maintain faith. I explained that you
should not be discouraged because of the faith you do not have but to
use and give thanks for the faith you do have. If you ignore the faith
that you have in the present time you very well may lose it. Know that
right now, as what Christ states, “your faith is sufficient that I
should heal you.” It is by faith that Christ performed miracles during
his ministry. Miracles don’t produce faith, but it is faith that
produces miracles. There is no need to feel insignificant in what
little faith you think you have, because that’s the beauty of life to
know that you can always grow and add more to your faith. Once you use
the faith you have, you are strengthening it. Build upon the
foundation you already have and not on what you don’t have. Faith is
very much a verb, and not a noun. James 2: 17 says, “Faith, if it hath
not works, is dead, being alone.” As well as Matthew 7:21 where Christ
says, “Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into
the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which
is in heaven.”  Faith requires action and is a continual process that
is necessary to strengthen.  Christ will be with us every step of the
way and will help us build upon our faith if you so desire to do so.
Christ is our Lord and King. It is through Him that we may all be
saved and stand before God again someday. It is by faith, and by our
works that we can do just that. It is my testimony that Jesus Christ
loves each and every one of us and is forever by our side to help us
through our trials if we put our faith and trust in him.

-Elder Criman

No comments:

Post a Comment