Friday, March 15, 2013

Funny Stories


Here is Kevin's latest e-mail-

This week has been fantastic. I have gotten a lot done and am slowly improving with my spanish. The other day when we were preparing to teach our "investigator" that the gospel blesses families. however, when we went into the room to teach him the spirit lead us to teach him about the book of mormon. I didn't prepare myself to teach that lesson but i was able to teach him about it with my companion, Elder Lawrence. The language is hard to learn but i am learning more and more every day. We wake up at 6:30 and are in class pretty much all day until 9:30, that is when we return to our residence hall. Quiet time is at 10:15 so we can write in our journals and get ready for bed, then lights out at 10:30. The first week I didn't sleep very well because it was a new bed, but now i sleep like a log. My companions are now completely aware that i sleep talk and walk in my sleep.
1. One time i woke up and i was standing next to the door and in the middle of the room.
2. I sat up yelling, "what the heck? My forehead is bleeding." My companion asked me what was going on but i was already asleep and unresponsive.
3. I have started speaking in spanish while asleep and while yelling, it's fantastic. "con is with, with is con... con and with are the same." It scared the crap out of my companion, so funny, now they laugh about it the all the time.
4. This week i guess i was yelling, " Mom! Wear are you going mom? I'm coming mom! A donde va? Where are you going?" this happened right before everyone fell asleep because they were talking. Then i guess i sat up and started talking to them while they were laughing and shined my bright LED light on them. I don't remember any of this. super funny.
Thank you so much for the letters and for the box of Vitamines. I loved it and so did my room mates. We all all from utah (my companion from Delta). We are all going to Argentina except for my companion, He's going to Columbia Cali.
Dad, i loved reading your story and i can't wait to finish it. Mom, that is a fantastic scripture to use, i'm positive that you are doing just what the Lord expected you to do. It is very important to be in holy places, and know that our bodies are as precious as temples, it is very important to always be aware of our surroundings. Where ever we go we should make that a holy place because we are indeed his beloved children.
Kristen, thank you for the letter i really love hearing from you and the boys (including Jon, haha). That made my heart feel with joy to hear that he is singing and bringing the spirit into the home. We sing every day here at the mtc, even when were are just walking around out side.
 
I have not heard any word from or about Argentina reguarding the Visa. I pray it comes though. I get a lot of fresh air from the out side. we have Gym 5 days aweek for 50 min, we always play volleyball so far. it is so much fun! We get to go the temple once a week on friday at 6:30 in the morning. My spanish is ok but not perfect. I am doing super well an enjoying life. i hope you are all doing well. i love you all so very much and hope all is going well. I can't wait to hear from you again through the mail and to see all the pictures that are soon to come. Talk to you all soon. I love you all so much!!! God bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment