Tuesday, April 16, 2013

4-12-13

This week has been so awesome, weird, and long and the same time I have felt the spirit and revelation more than I ever have and conference was a great part of that. The 6 Hermanas in my district left for Chile Monday morning, so now it is just us three Elders in my district. One Sunday the Hermanas asked us to give them all a blessing. It was a great experience to give blessings. Us three Elders each gave 2 blessings, because there were 6 girls. Tuesday we went to Salt Lake and that was just pure fantastic to be able to see real people outside of the MTC Haha. The Assistant Consulate signed my papers so now I'm just waiting for my visa. While we were waiting for the bus to take us back, my companions and I ran into a person who has read the Book of Mormon 597 times. He reads it from cover to cover every 8 days by reading 30 chapters a day. He started in 1993ish and is still going. How great is that?
Then we were sitting on a bench and a couple came  up to us, so we asked them how they were doing. They said, "Good, but I wish you Elders looked more busy." That was a stab to the heart, because they thought we were slacking off and wasting the Lord's time. I explained to them we were meeting with the consulate and were now waiting for the bus. They understood and went on with their day after we had talked with them for a while. But I never want that feeling again as if I am slacking off. I am going to work hard everyday.
The week was long, because we had to find out THursday where we are being relocated. I found out I am going to South Dakota Rapid city and my companions, Oklahoma City. We are all so excited to serve, but we won't find out if we are speaking spanish or not until we talk with our Mission President. Spanish or not, I will study spanish everyday, so I can be prepared for Argentina when I get to go there. I'm just making a "pit stop" Haha. I will be packing my bags soon and that is so weird, because this MTC stay has just flown by.
-Elder Criman

We are so proud of our Elder and can't wait for his next letter!!!-Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment