Tuesday, April 16, 2013

General Conference Letter

It was nice to finally hear conference this Saturday, because I am usually at work. So I thought I would share a few things that stood out to me. I loved all of it, because the spirit was so strong, especially during their testimonies when they say they are a special witness.
-M. Russell Ballard ( Saturday Morning)
He started talking about how everyone is special and can bless this world in a unique way. That reminded me of the saying, " You can count how many seeds are in an apple, but you can't count the number of apples in a seed." I think that's cool, because unless you love someone enough to let them grow you will never see your/their full potential.
He also said that men and women are very equal in authority and importance. That went well with what Sister Dalton said Saturday Morning. She said women provide life, but men provide the needs and necessities of life. I love how they both made us feel of great importance.
-President Henry B. Eyring (Saturday Morning)
Everyone got something different from his talk than I did, but it's just a witness to me that personal revelation happens everywhere and everyday.
He was talking about how when we seek God we will find him already seeking and searching for us. When we knock we receive. The reason we receive is because he is already behind the door ready to answer when we knock. When he opens the door we are blessed with more blessings than we can imagine, but we have to knock, because he can't just open the door if there is no one there knocking for blessings and ready to receive it. There are days that are just bad and all you want to do is crawl right back in bed. If we cry out to God, knock and ask for help. The reason why you knock on any door is, because you have already walked up the driveway and/or pathway Christ has laid for us and follow in his footsteps and keep his commandments we are entitled to more blessing we can even dream of. When we knock and receive, don't just leave and come back again when you need help; this is foolish and selfish.
God is not a repair man. Cry unto the Lord with thankful hearts throughout the day, but more importantly, knock and abide with Christ. Live as Christ would live and serve as Christ would serve. To abide with Christ is to be as Christ. And where does Christ abide? In Heaven and in the hearts of Man. So to serve and abide with Christ we serve our fellow man, just as Christ served. Christ died so we may all live; so let's all live for Christ.
I love how President Eyring ended with his testimony, "I am a witness of his resurrection  I know God lives, I'm a witness of the risen Savior."
Let's all return to God with words, "I've done my best." (Dad)
and hear the words for our Lord God and King, "Well done my well and faithful servant."
-President Dieter F. Uchtdorf (Priesthood Session)
I love how he said, "God doesn't make commandments so we fail... as sons [and daughters] we are heirs to all that God has." When we follow Christ we will be transferred into more than we can imagine. He said that we must all join the choir of joy and spread peace to all the world. "We are loved, wanted, needed, and important to God!" Then Suday morning he said something that provoked me with th statement that we need to teach with a spirit that echos in the hearts of man. It doesn't matter where I go, I'm not here to travel or learn a language. I'm here to serve God!
-President Thomas S. Monson (Sunday Afternoon)
While listening to his awesome talk I pictured God in front of me and preaching. BEST THING EVER!!!
He said, "TRUST IN THE LORD." with such boldness and that we should only "Weep for a night, but joy in the morning." But one thing he said I will always remember, "Take advantage that God answers every prayer!" This struck me to the heart, because it is soooo true. I've realized that before my mission and continue to see it happen everyday on my mission.

I have a challenge for everyone back home and I would love to hear the results throughout my mission.
1. Pay Attention. Everyone has needs in this life, it is our job to serve them as the Savior would.
Dieter F. Uchtdorf said in priesthood session, "One hand we carry oil and bread in the next." Pay attention to what people need and how we can serve them and help them to continue to grow in testimony.
2. Preach the Gospel at all times and if necessary use words. Go Forward in Faith and don't have any regrets.
3.Find at least one person a week and Bear Your Testimony to that person. Share anything that the spirit has born testimony to you, an answer to a prayer, or sprititual thought from a scripture.
4. Write Down the blessings you see and the miracles God has given you and will give you everyday.

I am/will be doing this for the next two years to strengthen my personal testimony and to incite others to Christ. I will be your strength in the field if you will be my strength at home. Thank you all so much for the love and support you have and will give me. I couldn't Do this without you all. I know if you will keep these commitments you will realize how much God blesses you everyday, I know I have. God is truly amazing!!!
I love him and this gospel. I know I am right where God wants me to be. I love you all so much.
Dios Bendice Ustedes!!!!
Elder Criman

No comments:

Post a Comment