Wednesday, April 24, 2013

4/22/13 Madison, SD

We got a couple e-mails from Elder Kevin Criman on Monday!

E-mail 1: Ya this was the perfect email. Thank you so much for emailing me. I love reading your stuff. my new P days are on Monday. 
My address is 1017 n summit #13 Madison, South Dakota 57042. On letters i guess we are now asked to put the full name, Elder Kevin Criman because there are so many missionaries now.
I love talking to you and Tim. I really hope Jon is doing well too. I sent a letter home today so hopefully it will be there in a couple days. 
Love you so much, talk to you soon. 

E-mail 2: Hahahaha Jon your email made me laugh pretty hard, jajaja, really? Que fantastico! I am doing so well here in Madison South Dakota. I am speaking English but I have taught one family in Spanish and that was really cool. But the rest of the time is in English. I can't wait to receive your letter and to hear from you all. Sorry if my emails aren't all that descriptive  but my letter in the mail is even more so. 
MY companion, Elder Bell sleeps really hard so he has only heard me talk a couple times, but that is good that I don't wake him up. 
Tell me anything and everything, I love hearing about people back home, and all my friends. Let me know of all your progress and how the baby is doing. 
And Jon, I too was actually sad not to go to Casper. I was kind of hoping I was, but that's ok. The person I need to find is in Madison, so look out here I come. jajaja

E-mail 3:My new mailing address is  1017 N Summit #13 Madison, South Dakota 57042
If you don't want to send it to the mission home and send it right to me that is just what you can do with this new address. I hear if you want to send packages or anything don't use ups or fed x. They would also like you to Put Elder Kevin Criman because there are so many missionaries now it is easier to have the full name.

This past week has been so awesome, I have learned so much and have stayed plenty busy. I will for sure send you a post card of where I am. It is such an awesome experience to walk into someones home, get to know them and just to share a spiritual thought with them. We have a couple investigators and I talk about them more in my letter that I sent to you today. But a huge part of my mission is trying to get less actives to come back to church, they could be a ward, but because there are so few people that regularly attend church it is only a Branch. I absolutely love the people. I love being able to make them laugh and to bring the spirit into their homes. My companion, Elder Bell, and I get along really well and work really well with each other. This area that I cover is so big but there really isn't that many people here, it is all farmland and everyone is spread out pretty far. We have a car and drive from home to home if it is not a home that is in the heart of this city where most of the people live.
It has been snowing and breezy up here but nothing i can't handle, Utah did me well. haha Dad you thought Wyoming was bare and ugly, come up here, haha. 
A spiritual thought that we shared a couple times this week is D&C 84:88. God is always encircled about us as if a personal body guard and we have angels to bear us up. How awesome is that? God will never fail us if we are faithful and true to his commandments and will help us through any trails that come our way. I know that God deeply loves every single one of us and because of Jesus Christ it is possible to return to him. 
Mothers day is coming up and there is a family that we are teaching, because the future husband to this family is our investigator, the mom and kids are already fully active. But anyways, they will let me skype home during mothers day using their computer or whatever they have. I can talk for 45 minutes, I am so excited! That airport call wasn't nearly long enough. It's weird to think that i have already been here in South Dakota for 7 days and on my mission for 54 great days serving the lord. I am not afraid to talk to anybody but love sharing the gospel to everyone i run into. This Church is true and always will be. 
I love you all and hope to hear from you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment