Friday, April 5, 2013

Today's mail.......April 5, 2012


I sent you a letter with more detail but I will just quickly tell you about it. This week was fantastic, but a little different than we all might have thought. This last Tuesday we had our fingerprints taken and that was done here in the MTC, they said that my roommates and I will be going to Salt Lake this Tuesday. We wont be talking to the actual consulate but rather the assistent, so this may take longer than we all thought. They told us that this coming Thursday we will find out where we are being relocated. So I'm here in the MTC for another week, haha. Im not sure what is going to happen but I will for sure let you all know as soon as I can. I hope I will be able to call home and let you all know about my flight plans soon.
Some spiritual thoughts that have stuck out to me this week during some devotionals that we have on Sunday and Saturday:
 It takes the elect to gather the elect. Ask the Lord to show you who you are. Ask the Lord to torture you in the language of the spirit. 
We are all very precious to our Father in Heaven and when we realize how important we are, we can help other people realize just how important they are too. If we are unsure who we are we can ask God to show us. He will show us through miracles how precious we are to him. But we have to be ready to receive the answer, if we are too busy and preoccupied with something than we might miss our chance to hear the spirit or see what the Lord has done for us. The most important language is the Language of the Spirit. This is a language we must all learn, but we can't unless we seek for God's help. He, and Jesus Christ are our ultimate teachers. When we can speak the Language of the spirit we are more open to revelation and it becomes easier to serve God's children. Without the spirit there is no possible way to fully convert the investigator. They have to feel the comfort from our message and that comfort comes from the comforter, which is the Holy Spirit. 
Something that really comforted me this week was this, "On a day of doubt and when you are in the slumbs, picture your family kneeling alongside their bed and saying a prayer for you." I know that everyone in our family is prayed for and when I saw this image in my mind it brought great comfort to my soul. I know that everyone around the world is cared for and is prayed about often. In every prayer it is God that is the receiver of that prayer. We are all involved in conversation with Our Lord and How great is that to know that we always have someone praying for us. Thank you all so much for your love and I will talk with you soon, hopefully bringing you news on when I am leaving to the field. God Bless you all and know that I pray for each of you. When times get tough, remember that God is only a knees length away.
This is a mighty work that we are all involved in; it is the Lords work; the work of God. Christ is our Savior  God and King. He saved us all and died that we may all live with him again someday with eternal families. God is mindful of all of us, has a plan for all of us, and a purpose for each of us to fulfill. This church is true and will never falter. Talk to you soon. 
Elder Criman.

Mom's view.....
We are so anxious for what lies ahead for Kevin.  He still doesn't know where or when he is going, but is trying very hard to keep his spirits high.  I get tired just thinking about all that he is doing.  I know that the MTC has a tight schedule from early morning to night.  Everyday our family prays for him.  We pray that he continues to be obedient, shares his positive attitude with those around him, and continues to learn the Spanish language.  Learning a foreign language has got to be tough, but with the Lord's help he can do it.
Now, I can't wait for his next letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment